Day Old Chick Prices, Shipping and Terms:
Terms of Shipping Day Old Chicks:
- All Day Old Chicks are straight run, unsexed, and unvaccinated.
- Shipping is scheduled according to waiting list priority.
- Day Old Chicks are to be shipped on Mondays or Tuesdays with phone notification responsibilities for pick-up, April through July ONLY.
- Shipping with United States Postal Service ONLY.
- Shipping may vary due to local weather or seasonal conditions.
- Local delivery and pick-up by Appointment ONLY.
- Chicks are to be delivered Within 72 hours of hatching.
- 15 Chick Minimum shipment (One Box) up to three.
- Our goal is for all chicks to arrive live. USPS no longer guarantees 2 day shipments though.
Prices of Day Old Araucana Chicks:
- $20.00 each (twenty dollars each) Plus shipping costs using U.S.P.S. Priority Mail with tracking #.
- (15 chicks = $350 plus $50 shipping) – March through July ONLY barring excessive temperatures over 100 degrees.
This Hatching year of 2013 using twelve separate flocks of Standard Sized Birds. Nearly 150 very fine hens all tail-less almost half are bilaterally tufted, with half approaching one year old. All Roosters are Tail-less, Well Tufted and have good Pea Combs. All are from my forty year continuous strain of these Araucana Chickens.
Prices of Hatching Eggs:
- Hatching Eggs (no pink eggs) – our current special is 24 eggs are now $50 per 2 Dozen. (Fifty dollars per two dozen) – SHIPPING INCLUDED
Additional eggs are by the dozen at $25 each, i.e. 3 dozen for $75, 4 dozen for $100. Shipping is included.
Hatching feedback for 2013 – shipped eggs in 2013 is 25% with hatchlings, bi-laterally tufted Araucana Chickens is 25% – 60%.
Roosters For Sale:
- White and Red Tail-less, tufted, bi-lateral roosters for sale $150 and up.
- Call to check current availability and possible trio flock formation.
Birds For Sale
Birds available for sale to the public will be offered occasionally through www.showbirdauction.com, many with fixed prices, and some for auction. Due to the extreme summer temperatures in Redding, California (over 100 degrees!), there may be shipping delay considerations. Private viewing and sales by appointment only, and applies to sold birds being picked up after purchase at this time. Maintaining bio secure environmental goals of disease prevention is a primary concern. I do not vaccinate or medicate adult birds. Although chicks are fed medicated purina chick starter until after they are on the ground to promote cocci soil bacteria immunity development.